Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Promised Peepers

As promised the other day, here is a recording of the spring peepers. This wasn't taken from my back porch - but from a nearby pond earlier this evening. The video is just darkness so you won't see anything but you'll definitely hear the peepers.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm waiting for it to warm up a little so I can open the windows and listen in the evening.

Becca said...

thanks, mom! It's nice to listen to the sounds of spring at the end of a cold winter. Aren't you grateful for seasons? At the end of a hot summer, we are grateful for the coolness of fall. After the leaves have fallen from the trees during fall, we welcome the winter snows with excitement. After a few months of winter, we are so excited by the signs of spring. After the spring rain and thunderstorms, we welcome the sunny heat of summer. I'm glad seasons don't stick around longer than than do, but I am grateful they keep coming back!