Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jazz & Spaghetti

Tonight was the Sutton High School Jazz band's annual spaghetti supper. The band plays while we eat! Four of my five sons have participated in jazz band while in high school so it has a special place in my heart (Dan's not in HS.......yet). Well, Fred is out of town so Dan and I decided to attend the concert/meal tonight (although I usually love to cook, when Fred is on his monthly business trip, Dan and I like to eat easy meals and nothing is easier than having someone else cook for you!).

Here are two of my favorite songs for you to enjoy. They are always on the performance list. Whenever I hear Zoot Suit Riot, I picture Adam in his black and white suitcoat, with his gangster hat and sunglasses on while playing the trombone!


"La Bamba"


"Zoot Suit Riot"

1. talented high school students
2. dinner provided by someone else
3. music that invokes wonderful memories

3 comments:

Jon Becca James said...

How fun! I wish I could have seen Adam all decked out playing the trombone. I love swing music and dancing! Oh, how I wish our stake would have an adult dance! Our BYU stake would have a Sweethearts dance every February for adults and they were so much fun. Even though Jon can't dance, he wasn't afraid to try! Our stake here in MO hasn't had an adult dance (plenty of youth dances though) the year we've been here. I wish they would; there isn't any place for us to go dancing here without drinking and vulgarity. *sigh*

Mel said...

Just thinking about Adam playing trombone in the jazz band makes me swoon! It's really too bad we didn't attend the same high school. We'd have started dating a lot sooner! Gosh I love him!

And rest assured I'm going to request a few songs from him next time I see him. You know I never could get him to play the trombone for me! The punk!!!

smart mama said...

don't you love our little town