As I watched General Conference over the weekend, I was very impressed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performances. I know their music is always beautiful to listen to but for some reason the songs of this conference were especially inspiring. As a singer I know first hand how difficult it can be to sing in a choir, making all of the voices blend as one. Throughout the conference sessions this past weekend I was struck with how the 360 member choir sounded. While I listened I never once heard a voice that was not blending with the others. I also listened intently as the choir sang at almost a whisper during some parts of their performances finding it hard to believe that there were 360 voices singing ever so softly yet clearly and as one voice. The choir, as always, added to the Spirit that was ever present at this very special conference.
1. beautiful music
2. the 7,708-pipe Conference Center organ
3. 360 voices blending as one
No comments:
Post a Comment