After I returned to the bedroom, Fred turned out the runway light and we all tried to settle down to sleep. We got a little silly, not having enough room to move, and laughing about who knows what. Finally, I realized none of us were going to get to sleep like that so Dan and I went to his room so Fred could get some much needed sleep. I tucked Dan in and then used the blanket at the foot of his bed as my pillow. I stayed with him for about 10 minutes (no he was not asleep yet) then returned to my own bed.
About 1:30 AM the light on Fred's nightstand comes on and the clocks come back to life. Hooray, power again! I lay there waiting for Fred to reach over and turn off his light - he's sound asleep. Finally, I nudged him to tell him the lights were on so he woke up, turned off the light and went back to sleep.
My friend, "LL", closes her blog posts with three things she's thankful for. Here's mine today:
1. Clocks that reset themselves automatically after a power outage
2. Flashlights by the bed
3. Electricity
2. Flashlights by the bed
3. Electricity
4 comments:
you guys are always on the bad end of local power fiascos!
We never lose power. Did you ever get a generator?
Yes - we do seem to lose power quite frequently! We did buy a generator but have we figured out how to hook it up yet? No! I thought since winter was over we wouldn't need it for awhile. I guess we'll be calling an electrician soon!
cute post. i love the relationship you guys have, that Dan would come get in bed with you guys, how fun. A little family sleep over.
I'm off to read Melissas post, can't wait for the love story update!
Post a Comment