Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference

I just have to say how wonderful it was to view conference this past weekend. It was such a spiritual event to be able to participate in the solemn assembly. I'm so glad to know that I have the personal opportunity to stand and raise my hand to sustain President Monson as the 16th president of the church and the prophet.

Of course, I felt many of the talks were in direct answer to my prayers. Here are only a few of my favorite quotes to be discussed in later posts to this blog.

"Our personal journey through life provides us with many special experiences that become building blocks of faith and testimony."

"The time to prepare for our eventual salvation and exaltation is now."

"Faith of our fathers, holy faith, we will be true to thee til death."

"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments."

1. a living prophet
2. satellite television (so we can watch BYU tv)
3. answers to prayers

3 comments:

Jon Becca James said...

It was a wonderful conference. I received many promptings on how I can improve myself and be a better missionary! I also felt very nurtured by the good word of God. I am grateful to be a witness to the reality of living prophets and continuing revelation on the earth today.

Jon Becca James said...

I posted the shepherd's pie recipe on my recipe blog, as you requested. Sorry it took so long for me to get to it!

julie said...

yes! it was a wonderful conference! one of my favorite quotes was that we need to stop praying for the missionaries to do our work for us! i guess that wasn't a quote but a paraphrase of elder bednar's words. all the talks were amazing!!!