The long awaited phone call came at 2:04 PM.
Thank goodness I answered it -
the caller ID said Massachusetts!
Evidently the phone card I bought
has a link to a MA phone number!
Here are some highlights of the call:
He did not gain any weight at the MTC.
Had to get a tetanus booster shot.
Told me how to hook up the laptop
to view a video on the TV.
He was curious about the price of gas -
evidently it's $2.38 a gallon in SLC!
He is traveling in a group of 13 missionaries headed to Oklahoma.
It is comprised of 2 sisters, 4 elders and the rest are Spanish speaking elders.
I didn't think to ask if they were all headed to the
Oklahoma City mission or if any were headed to the other
mission in Oklahoma. I know the 2 sisters are going to
Oklahoma City but I'm not sure about any of the other elders.
I'll have to ask him that in a future email.
FYI - I didn't cry until it was time to say goodbye.
Of course, I'll speak to him again in less than two months
but right now that seems like a long time!
1. Elder Cox
2. phone cards
3. caller ID
4 comments:
i can't believe pat's already out of the mtc. didn't we just drop him off last week? this song is making me sad, too... speaking of pictures, did pat ever email you the pictures from when we dropped him off?
AND, do you have pat's new address in the mission?
oh thanks for sharing nanci. what a wonderful opportunity to speak to your son. i don't know how you mission mom's do it. we'll be keeping elder cox in our prayers!
What a great picture! Thanks for being a great example as a missionary mom!
Glad you were able to talk to that good Elder...and I'm proud of you for being strong until the goodbyes!
Post a Comment