(p.s. - I'm currently having trouble loading pictures and hearing music on the blog so if you can hear the music please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.:)
1. We thank thee, O God, for a prophet
To guide us in these latter days.
We thank thee for sending the gospel
To lighten our minds with its rays.
We thank thee for every blessing
Bestowed by thy bounteous hand.
We feel it a pleasure to serve thee
And love to obey thy command.
2. When dark clouds of trouble hang o’er us
And threaten our peace to destroy,
There is hope smiling brightly before us,
And we know that deliv’rance is nigh.
We doubt not the Lord nor his goodness.
We’ve proved him in days that are past.
The wicked who fight against Zion
Will surely be smitten at last.
3. We’ll sing of his goodness and mercy.
We’ll praise him by day and by night,
Rejoice in his glorious gospel,
And bask in its life-giving light.
Thus on to eternal perfection
The honest and faithful will go,
While they who reject this glad message
Shall never such happiness know.
Text: William Fowler, 1830–1865
Music: Caroline Sheridan Norton, 1808–ca. 1877
1. surprise blog visitors!2. the Sabbath
3. non-chocolate wedding cake



4 comments:
MOST.FAVORITE.HYMN.EVER!!! This stems from when I was in college and got to hear Pres. Hinckley speak to our college in person. Everyone stood and started singing this song when he walked into the room. It was POWERFUL! I'll never forget it. Kudos on your missionary work! :)
I don't have ONE favorite hymn, but this is definitely WAY UP THERE at the top. Love your Sunday hymn segments!
One of my (many) favorites!
I love this song, I enjoyed hearing the primary children learn it....
Do you have pictures of that little baby boy??? I'm anxious to see him :)
I love this song too, and I can hear it!
Post a Comment