Monday, January 19, 2009

One Big Wimp

Yesterday was ward conference.
I didn't go.
There was too much snow!

Here's the story:

Fred left at 7:25 AM after clearing the driveway of 2+ inches of snow. When it came time for me to leave at 9:10, there was already a few more inches, the snow was still coming down and the plow had not been down my street. Since returning to Massachusetts 11 years ago, I developed a rule - if I can't get my van (at that time a huge 12 passenger one) up the slight hill and around the corner at the end of my street I stay home. Since I've already had one accident due to road conditions this winter, I was not willing to attempt it again. So, Dan and I stayed home, watched Pres. Monson in a repeat episode of last week's CES fireside on BYUTV, and worked on a puzzle.

Yes, I do feel guilty that not one member of the Stake Relief Society Presidency was in attendance, but since third hour was cancelled I guess I don't feel quite so guilty. I am disappointed that I missed hearing the counsel that Bishop Evans and President Arbon had for the members of our ward. I hope someone that was in attendance will share the messages with those of us that are WIMPS!

1. husband's safe return
2. fresh snow
3. snowblowers

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I don't think you are a wimp!!!
I am curious to hear who did brave the treacherous roads though.

Anonymous said...

I am also a wimp!! After 8 years of living in this "wonderful" state of Massachusetts I still can not figure out why it takes so long for someone to plow the streets. Where I am from snow is measured in feet not inches and somehow the roads are always clear and school is never cancelled. I just don't understand it. sorry to rant.

Becky said...

better safe than sorry, and I'm glad you are safe. :)

Unknown said...

Then I guess we were wimps, too!
I enjoyed the quiet time with family.

Alli said...

Hi Nanci! Great blog! It's so fun to read about you and your family. Well, our branch cancelled church (reluctantly) last Sunday, so at least we didn't have to feel guilty. :) And the 3 things at the end of each post - are those "gratitude" items? I keep seeing those on people's blogs. Where did you get that idea from? I like it! Please tell your family HELLO.

Becca said...

I don't think you are a wimp. I think you are smart.