1. I was born in Massachusetts.
2. I've lived in seven different states.
3. Lived in Korea for 10 months.
4. Worked for an auto parts store.
5. Sang in the chorus and select choirs in high school.
6. Married my high school sweetheart, twice (once in a church, once in the Temple).
7. I have been married for more than half of my life.
8. Spent a year working in the John Hancock tower in Boston.
9. I don't like seafood!
10. Can milk a cow by hand or machine.
11. Spent summers on the family farm in upstate New York.
12. I have one older sister.
13. I have two older brothers.
14. Married at age 19.
15. I used to know how to drive a tractor.
16. Would like to learn how to pilot a hot air balloon.
17. I love to travel by airplane!
18. Never attended college.
19. My favorite colors are green and purple.
20. I have hazel eyes.
21. Had stitches next to my right eye (walked into the tail fin of a car when I was 4).
22. Can design my own clothing/costume patterns.
23. Haven't eaten chocolate in 7 weeks.
24. Once went 10+ months without eating chocolate.
25. Hiked to the top of Mount Monadnock while in junior high school.
26. My favorite dessert is ice cream.
27. Have camped in at least 16 different states.
28. I've visited the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, and Versailles.
29. I enjoy cross-stitching.
30. I practiced food storage before I knew anything about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
31. I have never served in the Young Woman's program of the church.
32. Country music is great (because I can sing along to it!).
33. Musicals are the best movies (again, because I can sing along!).
34. I taught myself how to lead music by practicing with the music on the car radio.
35. I'm a good baker.
36. Slipped on the ice and fractured my elbow a couple of years ago.
37. Spent a day at a commune in NH.
38. Taught seminary for 3 years.
39. I can play the piano (somewhat).
40. I'm the driver ed teacher in my house.
41. I like to stay up late.
42. I read the obituaries.
43. I don't really like video games.
44. I like good surprises.
45. I'll drive just about anywhere - as long as it's not snowing.
46. I like to be early for everything.
47. I don't like going to the dentist.
48. I collect old kitchenwares.
49. Metal cookie cutters are the best!
50. I like to pretend I'm a nurse (sometimes I actually know what I'm doing).
51. More than 100 cookbooks line my shelves.
52. I try many new recipes.
53. Hitch-hiked in Colorado with my mother.
54. I work at the Bishop's Storehouse, making sure the bills get paid.
55. Was on the track team for one week, then an injury kept me from running.
56. Sang in the Mikado.
57. I'm a National Honor Society alumna.
58. Have been in a few car accidents, no injuries and most didn't happen while I was driving.
59. Owned 4 cats, 4 dogs and a turtle throughout my lifetime - not all at the same time - I'm not THAT crazy.
60. Currently have 1 very old dog.
61. Have made the switch to a Mac and I won't go back.
62. I buy birthday cards but never mail them.
63. Can change the oil in my car but I won't do it.
64. Had green gravy with the first Thanksgiving dinner I cooked.
65. I won't step foot in a canoe!
66. Any other kind of boat is okay.
67. Fritos corn chips remind me of my childhood.
68. I'm not really organized although many people think I am.
69. I enjoy visiting teaching.
70. Wish I had a pool in my backyard.
71. Went camping with my boys (no husband) at Mesa Verde, CO and got stuck in a freak snow storm.
72. Worked for a certified financial planner.
73. I like to quilt.
74. I have read more than half of "The Cat Who...." series of 30+ books.
75. I enjoy doing any kind of craft project.
76. I don't like raw tomatoes (cooked are okay though).
77. Went to Disney World before Space Mountain was completed!
78. I'm blamed for leaving the cellar door open which allowed the cat down to attack my brother's baby chickens.
79. I'm officially allergic to the cold (I break out in hives!).
80. Climbed to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument at least three times.
81. Spent the day in Boston with no adult supervision when I was twelve (includes riding the "T").
82. I'm a Boston Red Sox fan.
83. Visited the "Jumbo the Elephant" exhibit at Tufts University many times before it was destroyed by fire in 1975.
84. Have traveled outside of the United States at least 5 times.
85. Attended the first Adirondack Balloon Festival.
86. Except for the birth of my children, I've never been hospitalized.
87. Usually plan my dinner menus a month at a time.
88. I cook more food than is necessary for three people.
89. I like to teach adults and children, not teenagers though - they scare me.
90. I like to provide compassionate service.
91. Performed with the color guard in high school.
92. Laundry and dishes are not fun to do.
93. Cooking and vacuuming are.
94. Can't see those "magic eye" pictures.
95. I clean for a living.
96. Procrastination is one of my talents.
97. I am usually the one that puts out the trash.
98. I don't do my husband's laundry (he does his own).
99. While in high school I worked at Baskin Robbins with my boyfriend (he got me the job!)
100. I enjoy speaking in Sacrament meeting (even at the last minute).
Wow, that was hard! If you read all the way through - thanks, leave a comment and I'll send you a special treat!
28. I've visited the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, and Versailles.
29. I enjoy cross-stitching.
30. I practiced food storage before I knew anything about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
31. I have never served in the Young Woman's program of the church.
32. Country music is great (because I can sing along to it!).
33. Musicals are the best movies (again, because I can sing along!).
34. I taught myself how to lead music by practicing with the music on the car radio.
35. I'm a good baker.
36. Slipped on the ice and fractured my elbow a couple of years ago.
37. Spent a day at a commune in NH.
38. Taught seminary for 3 years.
39. I can play the piano (somewhat).
40. I'm the driver ed teacher in my house.
41. I like to stay up late.
42. I read the obituaries.
43. I don't really like video games.
44. I like good surprises.
45. I'll drive just about anywhere - as long as it's not snowing.
46. I like to be early for everything.
47. I don't like going to the dentist.
48. I collect old kitchenwares.
49. Metal cookie cutters are the best!
50. I like to pretend I'm a nurse (sometimes I actually know what I'm doing).
51. More than 100 cookbooks line my shelves.
52. I try many new recipes.
53. Hitch-hiked in Colorado with my mother.
54. I work at the Bishop's Storehouse, making sure the bills get paid.
55. Was on the track team for one week, then an injury kept me from running.
56. Sang in the Mikado.
57. I'm a National Honor Society alumna.
58. Have been in a few car accidents, no injuries and most didn't happen while I was driving.
59. Owned 4 cats, 4 dogs and a turtle throughout my lifetime - not all at the same time - I'm not THAT crazy.
60. Currently have 1 very old dog.
61. Have made the switch to a Mac and I won't go back.
62. I buy birthday cards but never mail them.
63. Can change the oil in my car but I won't do it.
64. Had green gravy with the first Thanksgiving dinner I cooked.
65. I won't step foot in a canoe!
66. Any other kind of boat is okay.
67. Fritos corn chips remind me of my childhood.
68. I'm not really organized although many people think I am.
69. I enjoy visiting teaching.
70. Wish I had a pool in my backyard.
71. Went camping with my boys (no husband) at Mesa Verde, CO and got stuck in a freak snow storm.
72. Worked for a certified financial planner.
73. I like to quilt.
74. I have read more than half of "The Cat Who...." series of 30+ books.
75. I enjoy doing any kind of craft project.
76. I don't like raw tomatoes (cooked are okay though).
77. Went to Disney World before Space Mountain was completed!
78. I'm blamed for leaving the cellar door open which allowed the cat down to attack my brother's baby chickens.
79. I'm officially allergic to the cold (I break out in hives!).
80. Climbed to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument at least three times.
81. Spent the day in Boston with no adult supervision when I was twelve (includes riding the "T").
82. I'm a Boston Red Sox fan.
83. Visited the "Jumbo the Elephant" exhibit at Tufts University many times before it was destroyed by fire in 1975.
84. Have traveled outside of the United States at least 5 times.
85. Attended the first Adirondack Balloon Festival.
86. Except for the birth of my children, I've never been hospitalized.
87. Usually plan my dinner menus a month at a time.
88. I cook more food than is necessary for three people.
89. I like to teach adults and children, not teenagers though - they scare me.
90. I like to provide compassionate service.
91. Performed with the color guard in high school.
92. Laundry and dishes are not fun to do.
93. Cooking and vacuuming are.
94. Can't see those "magic eye" pictures.
95. I clean for a living.
96. Procrastination is one of my talents.
97. I am usually the one that puts out the trash.
98. I don't do my husband's laundry (he does his own).
99. While in high school I worked at Baskin Robbins with my boyfriend (he got me the job!)
100. I enjoy speaking in Sacrament meeting (even at the last minute).
Wow, that was hard! If you read all the way through - thanks, leave a comment and I'll send you a special treat!
1. quiet
2. new recipes
3. a husband that doesn't complain
2. new recipes
3. a husband that doesn't complain
9 comments:
That was fun, and I read every single one!
I can't believe you spent the day in Boston alone at 12. Different times....
Thanks for the get to know you.
That was nice to get to know those things about you. I learned alot that I didn't know, you are a very fascinating lady!! That must be awful to get hives from the cold..I like the comment about country music, it is great to sing along to.
i don't like how you sing along to music. it just blocks out the music. i can't believe that your husband does his own laundry, i doubt very many men do that. :)
I learned a lot about you, what a great idea for a post!
Ooohhh, that was really fun and interesting. You have accomplished a lot in your life. So many fun facts about you. I'm still impressed about the chocolate fast you are on. Somebody HELP ME! :)
Thanks for all the info! Some I knew and most are new to me. I'll be sure to mention the last minute speaking that YOU like to do when one of the bishopric calls me last minute.
Hi Nanci! Just came across your blog. What a great post! It's so interesting to learn things about people that you never knew before. And a gold star for you for being able to think of 100 things! Please tell your family we said HELLO! ~Allison Cowden :)
What's the matter with canoes? I think they are a lot of fun . . . except when the canoe instructor makes you tip it.
So I finally read this, so no treat needed but we have more in common than I thought. I am aspiring to have 100 cookbooks although 3 of them are ones that I put together. I hate seafood but it doesn't like me either. I also have 2 older brothers. I really like to be early and discovered that it shows that I am frustrated when I am late by my standards ( a roommate let me in on it). I hate laundry and dishes but love vacuuming and cooking. I am a double NHS alumna I was in the National honors Society at Naples High school. It is always fun to learn things about people. I don't think I could come up with 100 facts about myself.
Post a Comment