Friday evening we picked her up at the airport and went out to dinner at Bertucci's.
Saturday we went grocery shopping and prepared dinner for someone in the ward (which included Melissa's famous blonde brownies!).
Sunday we attended church in the Oxford Ward, then visited with a group of families (affectionately nicknamed the Stake Wive's club) for dessert (including more blonde brownies but with my twist of butterscotch chips) before returning home to have our traditional Sunday night dinner of pancakes.
Monday Dan had no school due to a professional development day so Fred worked from home for a few hours then took the rest of the day off. We gave Melissa a few choices of places to visit and she wisely chose to visit the Breakers in Newport, RI. (All of the other places were too cold).
We were able to have a private tour (hint - visit the Breakers in the winter if you want the place to yourself!)
Tuesday we went fabric shopping. I wanted to make Melissa an apron but wanted her to choose the fabric. I had a small quilting project I wanted to work on with her so we needed to get fabric for that also. Tuesday evening Melissa traveled with Fred to the Stake Center so that he could attend a meeting and she could have some alone time with Dad while they were driving in the car.
Thursday was a 2 hour delay for school so we got a late start. We went back to work on the last 2 blocks and I have finished the quilting and all that's left is the border! Pictures of the wall hanging will be coming as soon as the border is finished. I think Thursday is the day that we worked on cinnamon rolls. She's had some trouble with cinnamon rolls so I shared my foolproof recipe and I'm sure she'll be wowing everyone with her own version very soon!
Friday we went to the temple. It was so nice to spend time in that sacred place together. I love attending the temple. I was able to receive some needed inspiration while I was there.
Saturday we took Melissa to the airport where she was able to board a very empty flight and have a row of seats to herself. She had good flights and connections (even though she flew through Chicago!) and arrived in Provo on time and without any difficulties.






10 comments:
I'm so glad you were able to have such a nice visit with Melissa, and that you were able to take some time off..you deserve it!!
sounds like a fabulous week! she's a doll, and you are SUCH a fun mother in law!!!
yes, that IS the most adorable cat fabric EVER!! i just love it! i had such a wonderful time. thanks for inviting me and planning so many fun things. and teaching me so much! i love you!
CUTE apron! Now she'll be baking fabulous cinnamon rolls in style! By the way... WHERE oh WHERE do you go fabric shopping? Everything is closing by me... even Walmart's little fabric supply is dwindling and will no longer be restocking!
ugh.
What fun inlaws you are! What a full fun week. Must be nice to have a daughter all to yourself for once.
I miss Bertucci's.
Dan's hair reminds me of Pat's a few years ago.
Glad you had a fun time!
Jenny - that fabric was purchased at Jo-Ann's - the closest one to me is 15 miles away! I lament the decline of stores with reasonably priced fabric also.
WOW! Too much fun. I DO love that fabric, your apron came out SO cute. FUN! Love visits from family.
It is always so great to see Melissa! She is a sweetheart! The apron turned out so cute, hopefully she'll be back soon.
you're a great mother-in-law, m.c.! i'm so glad mel was able to come spend time with you and that you two accomplished so much together. i can't believe dan's hair in that picture -- mel says he's so much like adam (even in the hair department).
Post a Comment