Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MMMM - Chocolate


The chocolate fast is over!  
We flew Midwest Airlines to Missouri on Feb. 13th and their signature snack is baked onboard chocolate chip cookies. 
How could I resist?
Boy, they were delicious!
Since then I've eaten M&M's, a hot fudge sundae, and more cookies.

1.  chocolate
2.  green grass
3.  missionaries to teach FHE

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That you even made it this long without chocolate earns you BIG respect in my book. Feast, my cocoa-bean-deprived friend!

julie said...

welcome back...

Mel said...

not fair!!! i wanted to be the one to get you to break your chocolate fast, not a flight attendant! haha.

Matt said...

wait, i thought the cookies on the flight were just an indulgence, but apparently they were the end of the fast? either way, i think you chose the best way to break your fast. fresh baked cookies on a plane!? amazing!

ps. i love that you took a picture of the cookies on the plane. (...this picture is from the plane, right?)

Smilin' sunshine said...

What was the point of the chocolate fast??? I never understood that! How can anyone go without chocolate on purpose?

Marcy said...

I'm impressed you made it so long, and through the holidays no less!! Way to go and welcome back to the chocolate world!

Anonymous said...

I am also impressed.. I could never do it. I'm definetly thinking I need to fly more!!!

Becca said...

Jon told me about your "replacement cocoa." If you were trying to eat healthier, you should have paid closer attention to the nutrition facts on that creamer . . . there are 16 tablespoons in a cup, 1.5 grams of fat per tablespoon of that creamer . . . yeah, you'd be much better off (and healthier) with the cocoa. I love you, Mom. You crack me up.

nanci said...

Lest anyone thinks I was drinking something that had 24 grams of fat in it, I did look at the nutrition facts on the creamer bottle. I know my mix isn't any healthier than hot cocoa but I was just trying to find a replacement hot drink that didn't contain chocolate. I didn't drink straight creamer, yuck! I mixed one part creamer to 2 or 3 parts water (depending on my mood!)so I was getting about the same amount of fat (maybe a little more if I had a large mug) and actually less sugar than in the hot cocoa mix I buy from the cannery.