Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How to grow a Purple People Eater!

At the Balloon Festival we started out standing right next to
the Purple People Eater Balloon.
Here is the step by step progression....

First lay the balloon flat out on the ground - don't step on it!
Then inflate the balloon by blowing in cold air with a large fan.
When the balloon is full enough, use the burners to heat the air.
When the air is hot enough the balloon will rise up off the ground.
Watch out for the claws!
Release the tethers and lift off!

1. purple
2. family home evening
3. yummy leftovers

4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I love it! The music is fabulous!

LL said...

I'm WAY behind on your blog. I have some catchin up to do. I'm so glad you've been posting again and I'm especially EXCITED because I just got your email about this next week. Exciting times ahead for you guys. We're happy for you!
Looks like a fun balloon festival.

Christy said...

My dad always took me to balloon festivals, I love them too. Here's the question, would you go up in one or do you just like to watch them?

nanci said...

Christy,

I have been up in one that was tethered. I would LOVE to go up in one that isn't tethered....someday.