Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer Catch Up Part 1

I know, I know. I've been missing from the blogging world for over a month. Someone mentioned to me today that they were about to give up checking my blog - so I figured I had better post some updates since I have the time today and no competition from my husband for computer usage (he's been gone since 6:00 am and probably won't be back til after 9:00 pm).

JUNE 2008

First we had to have some kitchen appliances repaired. The oven display panel light was so faint it couldn't be read anymore and I was the only one in the house who could set the oven from memory. Also two burners on the cooktop weren't working properly. It took a couple of appointments for all of the repairs to be finished but now everything is in working order! If you need an appliance repaired call Reliable Maytag Home Appliance - they are fantastic!

This is what's under the glass of the cooktop!

Next we had been experiencing some problems with water pressure so Fred thought that we should have the well pump and tank checked. We called the first company during the month of May, they sent out a technician and he put some more air in the bladder around the tank. That seemed to work for few hours but then the pressure seemed to be even worse. The company was supposed to come back the next week to raise the well head above ground (it was buried about 8 feet below ground). Well, after a few times of each of us talking to the other's machines I finally spoke to a real person and got the work scheduled. At that time they would check the pressure again and take care of it. I spent two different days waiting and no one ever showed up! Then they wouldn't even return my calls. I finally called a different company that came right out and took care of the pressure situation (they installed a new pressure valve and couldn't understand why the other company's tech hadn't done that to begin with). Two days later they were back to extend the well head! So, if you have a well that needs service I can give you two names - one that you should definitely NOT call and most importantly, the one that you should!


1. Ray, inside "the pit".


2. The well pump.


3. The new well head.

STAKE CONFERENCE

Stake Conference was held June 15, 2008 (Father's Day). Stake conference is held twice a year and all of the church members in our area gather to be taught by the general and local church leaders. In our case it covers all of the area in Massachusetts west of Worcester (we even have a few members that live in Southeastern Vermont!). This was an exciting time because we were expecting that our Stake President (the ecclesiastical leader for the Stake) would be released and a new one would be called. There is an interview process and things are kept confidential until the new leaders' name is announced on Sunday morning. Well, as expected, the president was to be released and the new president and his two counselors had their callings issued on Saturday afternoon before the conference. When the names were presented for sustaining on Sunday morning, we had a new Springfield Stake Presidency, expected to serve for a period of 10 years. Fred was called as the First Counselor to President Mike Arbon, and my boss, Jim Forsberg, was called as the Second Counselor.

Presidents Cox, Arbon, and Forsberg

1 comment:

smart mama said...

what summer repair fun!
LOL pres arbon looks so serious there! Glad I go to steal you for a few moments ot catch up tonight!