Friday, October 5, 2007

Effie's Chunky Cheese Bread!

Monday, Oct. 1st, I went to a friend's funeral in New York and spent Monday night at my sister's house in Argyle, NY. We stayed up late and visited even though she needed to be up early to work in the bakery. I slept in, got up and ate breakfast with the cats, then went down to the bakery to see what was cooking. Sue was just getting ready to start the cheese breads. I have never had the opportunity to watch this process so I hung out a little longer than planned and took pictures to document the event!

Here is Sue starting to combine the cheese with the bread dough. There's about twenty pounds of dough here, and a few pounds of cheese, enough for twenty loaves of bread. The whole process is repeated 2 more times for a total of 60 loaves of bread to be sold at three different markets each week. Now I know why Sue and Joyce are so strong!



In this picture, Sue is portioning out the dough into the baking pans.



Here is the filled pan, ready to proof, then go into the oven for baking.


I had to get on the road to head home so I wasn't able to get a picture of a loaf after baking so you'll just have to believe me when I say that this bread smells great, looks fantastic, and is absolutely yummy!

1 comment:

Jon Becca James said...

oh, yummy! Can you send some of that cheese bread this way? please? (I'm giving you puppy eyes, but as you can't see me, you'll just have to imagine them--the biggest, most pitiful puppy-dog eyes you have ever seen)