Though I think I'm on the upswing, I'm still feeling sick so Fred and I watched from home today. I'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow and if I don't have to keep blowing my nose, we'll go to the church for at least the first session of conference since Fred has to meet with someone.
As of right now, my favorite talks were presented by Elder Hales, President Eyring, Elder Pino and Elder Scott. Of course Fred and I were crying through the second half of Elder Scott's talk. He put into words so many of my recent feelings.
As we were eating dinner Fred realized that all but three of the apostles including Pres. Monson, have been called since we were baptized into the church. I told him at least none of them are younger than we are - that would make me feel really old!
Since Dan is on the HS Band trip, I believe that this is the first time Fred and I were alone together for general conference. Although it has been awhile since we have had to entertain children through the conference sessions I'm wondering, what do you do to entertain your children? I have a married friend without children that gathers with extended family members for a turkey dinner during conference weekend. Do you have any conference traditions you would like to share?
Since Dan is on the HS Band trip, I believe that this is the first time Fred and I were alone together for general conference. Although it has been awhile since we have had to entertain children through the conference sessions I'm wondering, what do you do to entertain your children? I have a married friend without children that gathers with extended family members for a turkey dinner during conference weekend. Do you have any conference traditions you would like to share?
1. General Conference
2. tissues
3. coconut creme Hershey kisses
2. tissues
3. coconut creme Hershey kisses
2 comments:
I do have young kids, but amazingly, after 18 years, I'm finally pulling out of the phase where I have to entertain them. I've collected 18 years worth of puzzles, and I keep them in a box. I only pull the box out twice a year: the Sunday of conference weekend. Sometimes we haul it to church, the rest of the time it stays on our family room floor. Even the grown-ups enjoy the puzzles!
I also go online to look for recent packets that people have put together to help kids and youth enjoy conference more. This year, my prize goes to sugardoodle(dot)net. GREAT packets and note-taking booklets for everyone. I've enjoyed helping the kids fill them out.
My two picks from today were Elder Hales and Elder Scott as well.
A lovely day!
My fave from Sunday was Elder Holland. And my favorite Sunday tradition is the Sunday brunch before the 12 o'clock session. A tradition that we look forward to (just us), because Sunday brunch is impossible on any other Sunday of the year.
Post a Comment