On October 31, Fred was notified of the creation of Raytheon's Engineering Execution Center. With this creation came his new job - manager of the northeast division of the EEC. As part of this new job, he will spend one week a month in Dallas, TX for meetings and will be traveling as necessary to check on other engineering programs in the northeast area. Right away he was expected to be in Dallas the next week. Between then and now, he has made trips to Ontario, Canada, Florida, and Virginia besides his trips to Dallas. He is enjoying his new job and the people he works with. I say, just keep racking up those frequent flyer miles, honey!
Dan was sick over one weekend, even breaking out in hives. We never figured out the cause but the hives haven't returned and his health returned quickly. The following week, I came down with a severe head cold and spent a couple of days in bed. Even though I was not completely back to good health, I was well enough to celebrate Thanksgiving later that week with both the Harrington and Cox families.
THANKSGIVING CELEBRATIONS:
None of the children returned home for Thanksgiving and due to other's travel and work schedules we first gathered on Thanksgiving day with my brother Gene's family in New Hampshire. There were only six of us, Gene, Judy, Meg, Fred, Dan and I. We had a wonderful, warm time even though it was a rainy day. The meal was fantastic and the company superb! What a great experience it is to spend time with family. We really need to make time more often to just get together!
(from left to right)
The day after Thanksgiving, after the annual tradition of cutting down our Christmas tree, we gathered at Ricky's mom's house for our second Thanksgiving celebration. There were 20 of us gathered there. For some reason I didn't take any pictures but that doesn't dim the memory of the time spent visiting and enjoying one another's company. Again, another day of great food and fun with the family.
1 comment:
I miss Meg . . . too bad she wasn't able to come to Sue and Joyce's in December.
Post a Comment