Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Adam's Day


Today we honored Adam by celebrating his life on the 25th anniversary of his birth. Each family household had a cake and we sent emails to each other with our stories or memories about Adam. In our household we sang Happy Birthday and then Dad, Dan and I blew out the candles on the cake. We decided a cake decorated with a fire engine would be suitable.

We have chosen to rejoice in the anniversary of Adam's birth. Yes, we miss his physical presence but we rejoice in the blessings of the gospel and the ordinances and covenants that allow us to be together when we pass from this life.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I thought a lot about Adam today, too (now yesterday considering the hour I'm posting). I always picture him with the big grin and enjoying life. I found the pictures and stories on the various blogs uplifting.
Love, Wendy

marmee said...

Nanci and Fred,
I, too, thought about Adam all day on Wednesday. He is such a special young man and one who has touched the lives of so many people. I am truly thankful that I know him.
What a wonderful family y'all are!
Becky

Jon Becca James said...

You did a beautiful job on the cake, Mom. Maybe one day you'll have the time (and patience) to teach me a few cake decorating tips! Love, Becca

Swimmingmom said...

What a nice way to remember your son. You did a great job on the cake!
Donna