Saturday morning we arose early (4:30 - 4:45 AM!) and left the house at 5:15 so that we could catch the morning launch at 6:30. It was foggy so the balloons didn't inflate until late and finally at 7:30 the signal was given to launch. We were standing right by the first and second ones to take off - this cow balloon was new to the festival and was the second one to launch!
Here is proof that Melissa was up early and with us at the balloon festival - just ignore the crazy man in the baseball cap, he was someone trying to sneak into our picture!
So many balloons, so many colors!
SPECIALTY BALLOONS:
The Purple People Eater
A 100' Beagle!
After dinner around the picnic table with Sue, Joyce, Bruce, and Arlene, we drove up to Lake George to view the moonglow (when the balloons inflate and light up after dark). We found the balloons but before they could officially "glow" a strong gust of wind came and the balloons had to quickly deflate before being damaged. I was able to get a few pictures but I didn't have the settings of the camera right so they all came out a little blurry. After the moonglow we found a place to sit to view the fireworks over the lake.
2 comments:
ohh, I feel like I am not fully a Cox yet because I have never been to a balloon festival. I'm glad you guys had fun and Melyissa was able to go with you. And that man in the hat looked strangly familiar . . . I just can't put my finger on it. It'll come back to me (j/k)
I love you! Becca
hey mom,
I can't believe how high that balloon is!!!
love, mel ;)
Post a Comment