Once again I am amazed at the love and support that has been shown to our family throughout this past year. Thank you for the phone calls, cards, emails, hugs, tears, listening ears, and shared memories.
The time leading up to the third anniversary of Adam's death has been a little difficult for me. I have attended five funerals/memorials/calling hours since January 19th. While I have felt the need to support my family and friends by "mourning with those that mourn", each one has taken its toll on my emotions. This has led to the easy answer of "I'm fine," whenever anyone asks how I am. Most of the time that is true but other times not so much.
I know I'll be okay and get past this dreary feeling I've had lately. Thank goodness spring is officially only a few days away and the sun has been shining for the past two days.
Well, enough of that. Let's get to the real topic I planned on sharing today. I would like to share some pictures from 3 years ago. Some day soon I hope to write up all that happened during the days from the fateful phone call to the memorial service in Massachusetts, but for now these short descriptions with some of the most meaningful pictures will have to do.
The first four pictures show some of the ways that the BYU community
mourns with those that mourn.




One week prior to the accident, Adam passed the CPAT (Candidate physical ability test) in preparation of entering the Fire Fighting Program at Utah Valley University. He had already started the program by taking the EMT class. The academy sent over this fire engine and students to represent the academy at his funeral.

Adam was employed by the BYU Police Dept so it was an honor to have the members of the police department act as pall bearers. Two of these police officers were first on the scene of the accident without realizing until they arrived that Adam was involved.
A tree in front of Adam & Melissa's apartment had been cut down the week before. Daniel noticed that it was shaped like a heart and received permission from the homeowners to use a screwdriver and hammer to imprint the stump. It reads "Adam and Melissa forever". (click on the picture to enlarge it and read the words).
1. caring friends
2. hugs
3. naps
mourns with those that mourn.
One week prior to the accident, Adam passed the CPAT (Candidate physical ability test) in preparation of entering the Fire Fighting Program at Utah Valley University. He had already started the program by taking the EMT class. The academy sent over this fire engine and students to represent the academy at his funeral.
Adam was employed by the BYU Police Dept so it was an honor to have the members of the police department act as pall bearers. Two of these police officers were first on the scene of the accident without realizing until they arrived that Adam was involved.
A tree in front of Adam & Melissa's apartment had been cut down the week before. Daniel noticed that it was shaped like a heart and received permission from the homeowners to use a screwdriver and hammer to imprint the stump. It reads "Adam and Melissa forever". (click on the picture to enlarge it and read the words).
1. caring friends
2. hugs
3. naps
7 comments:
I'm sorry Nancy...I just can't imagine the heartache. I really wish I could have had the priveledge of knowing Adam. You and your family are so good to talk about him and honor him, I feel like I do know him.
Thinking of you and sending love!
xoxoxo
Thanks for sharing these great pictures. I wish I had known him.
Thinking of you guys today-love you~
Nanci I am so glad I know you! Hugs and strength to you! April
Of course, I am crying....
even after 16 years, for me, the pain is still fresh!
what a tribute to Adam, thanks for sharing!
Thinking about you today Nanci. I have loved getting to know Adam through you since I never had the opportunity to know him in person. This post was beautiful.
Love all those pictures, what a great tribute to Adam and your family!
Thanks for sharing even though it is difficult.
it was a hard day; i can't even imagine how hard for you and d.c., and of course for melissa. this post was touching -- seeing those photos took me right back to that week. i was thinking about writing up all my memories from that day, too. we should all do so and share them together.
Post a Comment