Pat, Dan and I created a gingerbread house for the local display that is part of Sutton's Chain of Lights (Christmas) celebration. It's usually just Dan and I that work on the gingerbread house but because Pat is home, he was able to participate with us. I wasn't sure he would want to but it seems that he had a great time.
You can't tell from these pictures but the windows look just like clear glass. I've tried a few different ways to make windows in gingerbread houses and this is my favorite one - I make a batch of hard candy and while it's still hot and liquid I pour it into the cutout areas.
Not shown in the picture is an awesome bench Dan made out of pretzels, a section of a chocolate orange and an Andes mint.
1. trolleys
2. New England at Christmastime
3. the smell of gingerbread
5 comments:
That is so cute!!
I'm impressed that your boys like to help out and are so creative!
so cute Nancy!
You're like....professional.
I admire your willpower.
Did you EAT the cute bench that Dan made, or was it really there?
We can never make our gingerbread houses until a few days before Christmas, because they're picked apart too fast. There's really nothing beautiful about them pretty much after the picture is taken. It's like the flash is nonverbally saying "GO!"
I am so impressed. I don't think I could ever have the patience to make something like that. You made your own batch of hard candy??
Post a Comment