Monday, May 5, 2008

OK - I've kept the secret long enough....

My family likes to surprise one another (I guess it's also considered keeping secrets, but surprises sound better!). Pat recently surprised his siblings with a whopper! He submitted his mission application on April 13th and only Fred, Dan and I knew about it. He asked us to keep quiet because he wanted to surprise his siblings while we were all in Utah for Melissa's graduation. Well, his mission call arrived the Thursday of graduation (April 24) so when we gathered at Melissa's house that evening for pizza (Jon hadn't arrived in Utah yet - in fact we tried but couldn't even get him on the telephone!) Pat pulled out the envelope and stated, "I got something in the mail today". We started video recording as Pat opened the envelope and read out loud, "Elder Cox, you are hereby called to serve as a missionary .... (sorry, you'll just have to watch the video to get all the pertinent information).




1.  Missionary #4
2.  "Mom, this dinner tastes really good!"
3.  Funny Boy Scout skits

2 comments:

LL said...

i LOVE it--this gives me chills. HOORAY PAT. and hooray for good parents getting FOUR boys out on missions!
i've made a mental note that it's NOT Kansas city. :)

smart mama said...

YAY!! Very exciting patrick! Thanks for being a good example to my boys!